What a successful day – a big thanks to everyone involved from the organizers to all the wonderful Supporters.
– 337 Raffle tickets were sold, raising R16,850 and over R4,000 in once-off donations!
– Over R2000 raised for Baskloof via annual access permits
The following people deserve a special thanks:
– Justin and Gervaise (Camel Rock) for letting us hold the event in their car park and taking over their restaurant.
– Andrew Ing (Just Foods) for donating 50% of the boerewors
– Jeremy & Emma Borg (Painted Wolf Wines) for donating the wine
And all those who donated Raffle Prizes:
– Titan Tandem Bicycle (R10,000) – donated by Gavin & Lisa Vorwerg, won by Mark Cohen
– 2 nights at Indigo View Cottage (R3,000) donated by Michele & Harold Kolnik, won by Mike Nicholas
– 1 night at Atlantic Dream (R3,000) donated by John Carne, won by Ramola Parbhoo
– Cape Town Pelagics boat Trip (R2,200) donated by Deirdre Vrancken, won by Donovan Baguley
– 8 zone Alarm (R2,000) donated by Scarborough Security, won by Mercedes Westbrook
– Bicycle Service, donated by Kelson Da Cruz, won by Eleanor Turvey
– Deliciously healthy Special Occasion Cake, donated by Natalia Germond, won by Claire Mulliner
– Cape Aflame book, donated by Sue & Kevin O'Brien, won by Lisa Vorwerg
– Champagne & Chocolates, donated by Emma Millar, won by Louise Stafford
– 5 Pepper Sprays, donated by Scarborough Security, won by Barbara Marais, Andre Greyling, Jules de Combes, Mercedes Westbrook & Phil Mansergh
– Massage Voucher, donated by Elaine Hackner, won by Lisa Vorwerg
– Feel Good Bazaar Voucher, donated by Christine, won by Vanessa Sayers
– Harry Goemans Voucher, donated by Jeremy, won by Jules de Combes
& thanks to all the Organizations that contributed to such an interesting event:
– Keepers, our very own neighbourhood watch (and much more)
– SMCFU, Scarborough & Misty Cliffs Fire Unit, our volunteer fire defence team
– SRRA, our Residents Association
– Scarborough Security, our local alarm & patrol company
– Human Wildlife Solutions, who keep the baboons safe and out of the village
– Baskloof, our neighbours and owners of the Red Hill conservancy behind the village
– Sunflower School, our local pre-school, located at the Community Centre
– Red Hill Outreach, who run the Red Hill Feeding and Red Hill Literacy programs
– SANParks, who look after Table Mountain National Park (including our neighbouring park, Cape Point)
– Scarbrough Overlay Zone Task Team, the group trying to gain protection for our built environment
– CMR, Cape Medical Response, emergency medical response service to the Far South community
– PG Fire Services, check/service fire extinguishers, and sell extinguishers, fire blankets, smoke detectors etc
ART & SOUL: Saturday Morning Workshop – 5 Dec 2015, 9-12
I am really excited to be rerunning the "VISIONING" workshop I ran 2 weeks ago, and have just a few spaces still available. Please see attachment for details and inspiration!
Anyone interested in joining in this special and gentle morning's process, please contact me.
French and Art teachers – for private school in valley. Art teacher must be an accredited ASLevel Cambridge accredited teacher.
Michele: 082 788 5419
Window cleaner – professional and able to do high windows
Vanessa Burch: email@example.com
Window cleaner – We are soon moving into our new house which has a lot of glass including high celestial windows and would like them professionally cleaned before we move in and on a regular contract basis thereafter.
Linda de Villiers: firstname.lastname@example.org, 083 703 4710.
We are interested in testing the water in our home on Gemsbok road for lead levels – any neighbors who have had this done? Any insight into lead levels in drinking water in Cape Town, or experience with this? Let us know, thanks!
Sarah Geline: email@example.com
Mountain retreat in Cape Point in exchange for cat sitting. I stay in a beautiful mountain cottage nestled on the slopes of the mountain in Cape Point. I am away from the 16 Dec until the 4 of Jan. I am looking for someone to look after my cats in exchange for staying in the cottage.
Anna: 072 380 4830
iPhone 6 – 64GB, Space Grey, brand new still in its box, sealed and unused R10, 000 (cash only), Retail R12, 000
James Christmas: 076 807 1011.
Fabulous Mans with Van – Moses and Rajab are offering removal/delivery services with their bakkie. They are not only reliable, trustworthy and available for any kind of bakkie-related work (garden refuse, furniture etc) they are also stylish and fabulous company. I have worked with both of these men and cannot recommend them highly enough. Please call them for a quote – no job too big or too small. Or call me for a ref
Elly Abels, 076 807 1011
Rajab: 079 249 6550, Moses: 078 719 4354